Işıksan is in the ship recycling market since 2000. Işıksan has one of the largest dismantling areas of 35.000 square yards and double partial long beach in the Aliaga Breaking District. We have a high breaking capacity of 120.000 tonnes of Steel annually.
Tesis olarak faaliyetlerimiz, Uluslararası Hong Kong Konvansiyonu, AB Gemi Söküm Yönetmeliği, güncel Ulusal mevzuat, ISO9001, Iso14001, OHSAS18001 ve ISO30000 Yönetim Standartları şartlarına uygun olarak;
- Geri dönüşüm için gemilerin tesise kabulü;
- Gemi üzerinde tehlikeli durumların değerlendirilmesi;
- Geri dönüştürülecek gemiler için her türlü notifikasyon ve ithalat gerekliliklerinin belirlenmesi ve yerine getirilmesi;
- Güvenli ve çevre dostu bir şekilde geridönüşüm prosesinin uygulanması;
- İhtiyaç duyulan eğitimlerin yürütülmesi;
- Sosyal imkanların mevcudiyetinin temin edilmesi (ilk yardım, sağlık kontrolleri, yiyecek ve içecek vb.);
- Gemilerden sökülen atık ve materyallerin depolanması ve geri dönüşümünün sağlanması;
- Sözleşmeye dayalı anlaşmalar dahil olmak üzere, atık akışı ve geri dönüşüm akışının yönetimi;
- Geminin nihai bertarafı ile ilgili notifikasyonlar da dahil olmak üzere, süreç için dokümantasyon kontrolleri;
Dahil olmak üzere tüm gemi söküm faaliyetlerini kapsar
Işıksan holds all necessary certifications according its business activity obtained from various government bodies in Turkey.
- Republic Of Turkey, Prime Ministry Under secretariat for Maritime Affairs ( Ship Breaker Authority Certificate )
- Istanbul & Marmara, Aegean, Mediterranian, Black Sea Regions Chamber of Commerce ( İzmir Branch Chamber Registry Certificate )
- T.R. The Ministry of labour and Social Security ( Operating Certificate )
- Turkish Republic Environment and Forest Ministry Environment Management General Directory ( Ship Dismantling Permisson )
- Chamber Register (Activity Certificate)
Işıksan also is in posession of international quality certifications which enables us to work on high standart quality levels.
- Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance ( ISO30000:2009 Ship Recycling Management System )
- Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance ( ISO14001:2004 Environmental Management System )
- Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance ( OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health & Safety Management System )
- Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance ( ISO9001:2008 Quality Management System )
In a changing World Işıksan with its dynamic and active management on board is heading to become the leader in the Market, which is well backed up with its past successes.
A management system has been established to comply with the requirements of ISO 30000 Ship Recycling Standard, Hong Kong Convention, EU Ship Recycling Regulation on management and operational activities.
As the management:
We declare that we shall carry out our ship recycling activities by following all national and international protection systems, techniques developed, and guides published related to this subject, that we shall comply with all national Laws and Regulation and all International Agreements that Turkey has signed and to perform them to not to jeopardize environment and health and safety of our employees.
Our Policy formed to reach our goals:
• To maintain a Ship Recycling Management System which is environment-friendly, following Safety Standards, supported by top management, which is adopted and carried out, supervised, reviewed by all employees, constantly improved and is open to public.
• To inform related institutions, visitors, employees of the work place and our suppliers in respect of the precautions, safety measures taken, our statements, our practices for Environment Protection, Worker Health and Safety and Recycling Management System.
• To monitor the performance of our activities constantly, to reduce the harm given to environment to minimum, to provide safe working environment, to protect the welfare of employees, and to prevent accidents.
• To evaluate and monitor the performance of our policy to achieve our goal, to supervise our system and have it supervised.
• To take precautions to prevent work accidents and occupational diseases, to support workers with trainings.
• To develop consciousness of our employees at every level about environment and their health and safety.
• To participate in energy conservation and reducing natural resource use.
• To work with our contractors within reciprocal partnership, contact and reliability and to increase our productivity.
Besides above, WE also honor and operate in line with 10 Principles of UNITED NATIONS Global Compact on Human Rights, Labor, Environment and Anti-Corruption.
Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labor; and
Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Programs, policies and goals have been determined within the framework of recycling policy and in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Management Systems. To achieve continuous improvement, these programs are reviewed and announced periodically to all personnel, including sub-contractors. Extending the knowledge and raising awareness supported through trainings and meetings.
Top management has formed its purposes and goals which are assessable and consistent with Recycling Policy and referred Standard’s requirements.
Continuous improvement requires identifying our targets and goals. Our performance is documented, and it is used as an important input while determining the targets of the following year. Other Important inputs while determining and reviewing our purposes and goals;
• Our Recycling Management System policy
• Legal and Judicial regulations
• Important recycling aspects
• Requirements related to safety and environment
• Technological developments
• Financial and Operational requirements.
• Evaluations of related parties
Consistency of the purpose and goals with regard to recycling policy have been periodically reviewed, in the review meetings by the top management and revised, if required.
Recycling Programs have been carried out in our institution to reach purpose and goals set. Programs, working hours schedule, responsibilities, which were decided according to the priorities by top management, are documented containing the methods. They are carried out and evaluated by the qualified personnel.
To be trustable partner for the safe and environmentally sound recycling of seagoing vessels in the world.
- Through following technology and science consistently without compromising our ethical values,
- Acting with sense of social responsibility, appreciating law, environment, human, different culture and ideas,
- To create a sustainable value for all our stakeholders by setting growth and development as strategic goals.
Management Systems Policy
According to our vision, mission, principles and values; our goals are;
To agree with legal requirements and customer essentials,
To ensure the development and sustainability of our company,
To become preferred company by our stakeholders,
For achieving these goals;
We hereby declare that we are;
- Identifying our goals and strategic management comprehension,
- Achieving success with all employees by rising awareness of them.
- Providing new activities about occupational health and safety, developing new systems for preventing occupational accidents,
- Making secure working environment of our employees for increasing their health and life conditions,
- Using environmental technologies within technical and economical assessments for adding value to our people and society,
- Using our inputs effectively and productively for decreasing the usage of our natural sources.
- Implementing new systems for consuming wastes at source, collecting with suitable conditions and providing waste disposal.
- Providing effective communication systems as customer-oriented in intercorporate for fulfilling our customers’ needs and special requests excellently.
- Supporting to design and purchase new products and services as energy-efficient, secure, environmentally friendly and improve our performances for environmental issues.
- Providing continuous improvement with innovative projects for increasing productivity and decreasing our costs with the aid of our stakeholders.
- Implementing risk management systems for competing emergency conditions and maintaining sustainability.
- Being a company for adding value with quality, environment, occupational health and safety and energy practices and making differences with some of our special features as ever-growing, sustainable company, good communication skilled and transparent.