Işıksan is in the ship recycling market since 2000. Işıksan has one of the largest dismantling areas of 35.000 square yards and double partial long beach in the Aliaga Breaking District. We have a high breaking capacity of 120.000 tonnes of Steel annually.
1. Quality Policy
A management system has been established to comply with the requirements of ISO 30000 Ship Recycling Standard, Hong Kong Convention, EU Ship Recycling Regulation on management and operational activities.
As the management:
We declare that we shall carry out our ship recycling activities by following all national and international protection systems, techniques developed, and guides published related to this subject, that we shall comply with all national Laws and Regulation and all International Agreements that Turkey has signed and to perform them to not to jeopardize environment and health and safety of our employees.
Our Policy formed to reach our goals:
• To maintain a Ship Recycling Management System which is environment-friendly, following Safety Standards, supported by top management, which is adopted and carried out, supervised, reviewed by all employees, constantly improved and is open to public.
• To inform related institutions, visitors, employees of the work place and our suppliers in respect of the precautions, safety measures taken, our statements, our practices for Environment Protection, Worker Health and Safety and Recycling Management System.
• To monitor the performance of our activities constantly, to reduce the harm given to environment to minimum, to provide safe working environment, to protect the welfare of employees, and to prevent accidents.
• To evaluate and monitor the performance of our policy to achieve our goal, to supervise our system and have it supervised.
• To take precautions to prevent work accidents and occupational diseases, to support workers with trainings.
• To develop consciousness of our employees at every level about environment and their health and safety.
• To participate in energy conservation and reducing natural resource use.
• To work with our contractors within reciprocal partnership, contact and reliability and to increase our productivity.
Besides above, WE also honor and operate in line with 10 Principles of UNITED NATIONS Global Compact on Human Rights, Labor, Environment and Anti-Corruption.
Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labor;
Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labor; and
Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Programs, policies and goals have been determined within the framework of recycling policy and in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Management Systems. To achieve continuous improvement, these programs are reviewed and announced periodically to all personnel, including sub-contractors. Extending the knowledge and raising awareness supported through trainings and meetings.
Top management has formed its purposes and goals which are assessable and consistent with Recycling Policy and referred Standard’s requirements.
Continuous improvement requires identifying our targets and goals. Our performance is documented, and it is used as an important input while determining the targets of the following year. Other Important inputs while determining and reviewing our purposes and goals;
• Our Recycling Management System policy
• Legal and Judicial regulations
• Important recycling aspects
• Requirements related to safety and environment
• Technological developments
• Financial and Operational requirements.
• Evaluations of related parties
Consistency of the purpose and goals with regard to recycling policy have been periodically reviewed, in the review meetings by the top management and revised, if required.
Recycling Programs have been carried out in our institution to reach purpose and goals set. Programs, working hours schedule, responsibilities, which were decided according to the priorities by top management, are documented containing the methods. They are carried out and evaluated by the qualified personnel.
To be trustable partner for the safe and environmentally sound recycling of seagoing vessels in the world.
- Through following technology and science consistently without compromising our ethical values,
- Acting with sense of social responsibility, appreciating law, environment, human, different culture and ideas,
- To create a sustainable value for all our stakeholders by setting growth and development as strategic goals.